Service msftesql was not found on computer 'XYZ'.
The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
This error come from confilict between installing Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 (Enterprise or Professional) with SQL 2008.
The msftesql is the "Microsoft SQL Server Full Text Indexing Service" which has a different name under SQL Server 2008.
- Run > Regedit
- Rename MSSQLFDLauncher Folder to msftesql
- Reboot System
- Administrative Tools > Services > SQL Full-text Filter Daemon Launcher (MSSQLSERVER) and Check START Status
- Rename back msftesql Folder to MSSQLFDLauncher
- Take Enjoy
- CRM4 install against SQL Server 2008 gives missing msftesql and cisvc errors in CRM General Discussions
- KBAlertz.com: Error message when the Setup program for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 performs a check in the Environmental Diagnostic Wizard (EDW)
- Installation Problem SQLSERVERAGENT Service in Role of Microsoft Dynamics in Environmental Sustainability