November 22, 2005
Connect to localhost
Error: The "Connect to localhost" that want USER/PASS for connecting to localhost
Error: "Connect to the localhost"
Error: "how to connect to localhost"
Error: I see the "You are not authorized to view this page"
Error: I can not "connect to the localhost"
Error: Unable to "connect to the localhost"
- If you want to used the Microsoft SharePoint Services (after install) and it needs the password for Connecting to the localhost...
- If you want to load the SharePoint or the other web applications from "http://localhost" and it needs the password for Connecting to the localhost...
- If you are a .NET programmer and have installed VS2005 or VS2003 (with IIS) and the IIS is not at work and it needs password to Connect to the localhost...
- If you are a Web Application Developer and after running a sample project (such as a starter kit from Visual Studio .Net) it needs the password for Connecting to the localhost...
OK ... take it easy because you can remove your problem... You must just set your BROWSER SECURITY for your project or web application ... This is easy...
- Find a small icon from the right-down corner of Internet Explorer Status bar and click on it. (If you haven’t status-bar ... turn it with View>Status)
- You can see the "Internet Security Properties" and you must click on the "Local Internet" and after that click on "Sites" Button and add your address ... Close and OK and Refresh and Enjoy
I think that your administrator password is empty ... and the "Connect to localhost" dialog box can not accepted your user name ... OK ... take password for your administrator account...
For setting the administrator password follow below:
- Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>"Local User and Group">Users>Right click on Administrator>Set Password
- Run>compmgmt.msc>"Local User and Group">Users>Right click on Administrator>Set Password